Saturday, March 19, 2011

It Is Official! Join us March 25th, 4 pm!

After what has been months of chatting loosely, we finally "got down to business" as the show was bearing down upon us!  Mary, Cynthia and Abe Pachikara.  It has been a precious, eye opening and all too ephemeral collaboration within one family, spanning 3 genres of art.

Shuttle astronaut Mae Jemison, one of those rare birds that is both a scientist and accomplished dancer, called art the "one's personal expression of the universal."  And this one presents three views - 70 watercolors, 28 images, and one installation piece.  Less apparent are the others in the family who similarly express themselves in artistic manner: my sister Susan thru her chocolatiering, my dad who introduced me to photography back in the 4th grade, and my wife Molly who is an avid and accomplished creator of a variety of cuisines.

Perhaps someday, I will get to collaborate with my own sons in a similar fashion.  One observation, don't wait as many decades as we have to undertake these endeavors.  One can never start too soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment